Recipe - BBQ Pork Spare Ribs
1kg pork spareribs.
270g jar of sweet and sour sauce.
2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger.
2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
2 teaspoons of chilli sauce.
2 tablespoons of honey.
1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
1/4 cup of sesame seeds, toasted.
1. Trim off excess fat from spareribs.
2. Mix sweet and sour sauce, ginger, soy sauce, chilli sauce, honey and sesame oil in a medium to large mixing bowl that is large enough to hold the ribs.
3. Add the ribs to the bowl. Make sure the mix is all over the ribs.
4. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 2/3 hours to marinate.
5. Heat a Bessemer 32cm Grillet over moderate heat and brush lightly with oil.
6. Place the ribs in the grillet and cook on a moderately low heat for about 20 minutes. Brush the mixed sauce over the ribs frequently while cooking. Occassionally turn the ribs over.
7. Server with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and salad greens.