Recipe - Ricotta Pikelets on Bens Menu
Using Bessemer Cookwares Gourmet Griddle!
For the pikelet batter..
4 x Eggs
2 1/2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
2 1/2 Cups of Milk
3 x Tablespoons of Sugar
3 x Drops of Vanilla Essence OR Vanilla Seeds
2 xTablespoons of Rum
And for the ricotta filling..
300g x Ricotta Cheese
1 x Lemon for Zest (yellow skin)
2 x Tablespoons of Sugar
To finish up..
Any Icing Sugar to Dress
Any Fruit (optional)
1. Mix batter together.
2. In a separate bowl mix the ricotta filling.
3. Heat gourmet griddle to medium heat.
4. Place a tablespoon of batter in gourmet griddle.
5. Straight after, put a teaspoon of ricotta filling in the middle of the batter.
6. Cook until bubbles appear.
7. Flip over, wait a few minutes.
8. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!