Recipe - Sticky Date Pudding on Bens Menu
This recipe was made using the Bessemer 28cm Multipan (Flame) & Lid,
500g x Chopped Dates
2 1/2 x Cups of Water
1 1/2 x Cups of Caster Sugar
2 x Teaspoons of Bi-Carbonate Soda
3 1/2 x Cups of Self Raising Flour
250g x Butter
5 x Eggs
For the sauce..
200g x Butter
2 x Cup of Brown Sugar
1 1/2 x Cups of Thickened Cream
2 x Teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
1. Add water and dates to pan, cook with lid for 5 minutes low heat, stir occasionally.
2. Take off stove and add your bi-carbonate soda and stir.
3. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar, mix this very well.
5. Add 5 eggs one at a time and mix well. A mixing machine would be best.
6. Add mixing bowl content and flour to pan, again, mix this very well.
7. Put pan on stove with lid for 30-35 minutes on low to medium heat.
To make the sauce..
1. Add butter, brown sugar, cream and vanilla essence to saucepan.
2. Cook on a low heat.
3. Frequently stir.
All done.. Yum!